Friday, December 23, 2011

The power of Now

If I can permit myself to give anybody any advice, it's to read the book with the name in the title. For as long as I can remember, I always felt this void inside. I have a couple of friends and had a couple of girlfriends, but always felt lonely. Lately, I was working in a job that I considered only as a way to fill my wallet, I was spending huge amounts of time in my bubble in front of the TV or Internet, which is not a bad thing if it's your passion. I just mean that I was numbing myself awaiting this great trip and it is amazing. I cannot begin to describe everything that I saw in order to have such an inner change. India is magic, like a hammer that hit you just so can realize what pain is, at least in my case. Everyone that comes here seems to seek something and it's rarely something outside since it's not the cutest country. All I want to say, it's that for me, ever since I left, everything had a reason to cross my path, like a timed puzzle. I have never been more alone that in the last days and have learned to see beauty in the smallest things(just understand that my old way of thinking was that I needed people in order to be happy). All of this because of this last book.
Also since the name Vipasana has came so many times to my ears and since I only have one life, I will join a "class" of ten days from the 2nd January to the 13th where I cannot communicate with no-one (except teacher). Normal days start at 4AM with a 2 hour meditation. I can't wait to feel myself.
I came from Arandol to Palolem by local buses as a personal challenge. It ended up taking 5 hours, 4 buses, 3$, 2 bottles of water and 1 hell of a ride. It reminds me of Peru "combis". I felt proud at the end of a journey. I met a couchsurfer German girl and we hang out together whenever I don't enjoy my alone time. Yesterday night  together with 3 Israeli guys from the hostel we went to a silent party where everyone wears wireless headphones, because the government forbidden loud music after 22h. Clever way to go around the law. Besides that I rented a cool Kayak for one hour which costed 2$ and explored the open calm waters. Arambol was full of hippies with dreadlocks which felt like a huge family and everything was shared. Palolem is more of a classy, more expensive spot for the high society. Even then the room is less than 10$, but they wanted more money and I changed huts just for the principle of it. Now their rooms are still empty and will probably move to another spot tomorrow where the owner has fixed prices.
This is it for now, living the present finally in peace with myself in a beautiful place hoping that I can keep the peace while back home.

P.S. I started drawing, maybe I'll post a picture of them
P.P.S. Posted new pics on picasa, follow the link in the last blog if you're curious

2 comments:

  1. Salut Alex,

    J'ai commencé à suivre ton blog et je suis bien content de pouvoir suivre tes aventures et de voir ta façon de penser à travers tout ça.

    Je ne savais pas que tu avais cet espèce de vide intérieur... Faut croire que nous l'avons tous à divers degrés car la vie Nord Américaine est plutôt folle et nous permet difficilement de savoir qui on est vraiment! Je crois que tu es à la bonne place en Inde pour te recentrer.

    Les traditions spirituelles sont assez fortes là-bas, quoi que j'ai entendu que l'Inde moderne avait quand même pas mal changé à ce niveau.

    Cool pour le cours de méditation, c'est une forme très reconnue!

    As-tu l'intention d'aller à Tiruvannamalai?

    À+!
    Vince

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je suis content de voir ne pas être le seul qui suit tes aventures intérieures (et pas seulement intérieures) en Inde. J'aime ce que tu pense et comprend cela assez bien pour avoir moi-même vecues des pareilles situations. Quand tu seras de retour à Montréal si tu aura encore de la disponibilité et l'envie de connaitre davantage tu est le bien venu: j'en ai beaucoup de livres que tu semble aprecier maintenant.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome feedbacks, especially constructive ones...