Friday, April 26, 2013

May the gods light the path

Is there anybody who doesn't like to dream and feel like a kid? Anyone doesn't like freedom, the one that allows you to say and do what you want without social constraints, without guilt, without physical limits? Who never dreamed to a feather's playful freedom in a light summer wind?
But...what about the consequences, what about others, what about values, what about our loved ones, what about the gravity breaking the smooth flight???
In a Ying-Yang world, we try to evaluate the best cost-benefit about freedom/happiness and safety/work/responsibility...

I absolutely love to travel, not because I love to see man organized museums and tourist crowded places, but because I love connecting to new souls, experience love in all its forms and kicking the stagnating comfort zone away.

I can already hear some of you opinionating on my ways...whatever tickles your pickle...your opinion of me is irrelevant and if I'd have to live according to other's principles I would be  living in your own miseries, not because, all you have is misery, but because there's always someone to find that my idea is miserable(unfit for their standards). 

I love experiencing new things through the 5 senses and because routine keeps showing its attractive face at my doorsteps. I could hear her sweet melody and her smooth honey words telling me to come and be happy together forever. Fuck it, maybe I love to be miserable in order to feel, maybe its like spicing up the meals to have a more intense tasting experience. Maybe I just love to ... celebrate life ... Do you remember how much you wanted to grow up when you were young? Does today's result is anywhere close to what you have imagined? If you say yes, it will be my pleasure to meet you.

I love watching the horizont from different viewpoints under the same sun in different company. I can never have enough of others sunshine, while staying away from cloudy people.  The only reason is because our clouds are on the inside and in order to light our days, WE have to dissipate them. I can move your clouds from the outside, but in the long run they'll stay until YOU get rid of them.

If I can take a wise man words, there's enough goods for a while, there aren't any binding obligation and the elements are one my side, so there are worst situations in life...

Watch this "http://youtube.com/watch?v=H8s97NiC2Ys" , this corner of the world is just AMAZING.


Sofia was cold and lonely except for the market everything seemed abandoned and empty. On the other side, Istanbul is out of this world and should be seen. WOW is just not enough to describe it, yo should go at least once in a lifetime to visit this all time commerce center. Only little down side is that not that many people speak English especially in Istanbul which is strange for the size and all the mix cohexisting there.

*************************************************************************
WATCH OUT when you take the bus from Istanbul to Thessaloniki, because the Metro bus company takes your passport when you get in and scans them probably to make counterfeits and I have the proof of this, since I found a SIM card in their headTV on the seat 17(my seat) with hundreds of passports and visas scans. If anybody has any suggestion as to where to report that, send me an email.
*************************************************************************

I haven't seen much of Kosovo, but it seems like a great place to start something and it should develop more in the near future. After Kosovo, there's Montenegro with its extremely attractive prices and beautiful scenery near the Adriatic. It starting to develop but in a more subtle way. The best touristy and more costy place is Croatia, which is very modern with an antique touch in Dubrovnik and Split. Whatever you do, don't go there in the high season, unless you love crowds and huge prices, otherwise the two cities are breathtaking as you can see in the pictures below. Next to Croatia, there's Bosnia with the only city visited Mostar. Its a relic of war, bullet holes ornate ALL walls as it was yesterday. The main attraction is an old bridge where you could eat like a king for 10 euros. Probably that Bosnia doesn't have any kind of taxes on merchandise or it has fallen from a container, but new cellphones are extremely cheap and all kind of tourist merchandise also, which makes it the perfect place to get souvenirs. If you go there, DO NOT stay at Elite Guest House, because they let us down and never answered the door when we had a reservation.

By the way Dubrovnik was magical and I felt like the hero in a legend. I had some time to kill like we all do when travelling and suddenly an old man got my attention. He was carrying a big luggage on a small stone street and something inside me was intrigued. He entered a house surrounded by magic carpets(like in Aladin) and two beautiful birds came flying towards me as to say "Follow us", which I did and the turned continuing in the alley. They stop to wait for me about 3 times and eventually vanished in front of a stone doorway. To my surprise it lead to some rocks outside the castle surrounded by crystal clear waters filled with stars. There was a fisherman taking concentrating on his peaceful meditation, so I just continued on some hidden stairs. It was so quiet that I just sat down and almost slept in a small shade in front of a rock cliff. My eyes focused on the wall when something moved. it was looking at me and it had backup. There were about 20 or 30 of them on the wall. I was surrounded. Eventually a fly lifted from my t-shirt and the eyes followed frenetically. It was their possible breakfast and I was sitting in their restaurant...the Lizzard buffet. It felt like Gulliver and went to sleep quietly letting nature be. 10-15 minutes later I was woken by somebody screaming from the top of the castle "How did you get there?" to which I instinctively replied "Follow the old man!"

I feel grateful because I got to see both sides of Belgrade since first night it was rainy and grey followed by a very sunny and beautiful day in cool company(a Turkish pilot with a lot in common). Belgrade is great and filled with beauties and not the most pleasant waiters.

Visiting a friend in Budapest and warmly recommending one of the coolest hostels there "Hi5" where the magic comes from the caring staff and their fun activities. You'll really feel like in a family, it's close to everything
and the prices are amazing. 
Skipping Ukraine for now and then Krakow for a weekend break. I can smell the rubber burning behind me...can you?

Istanbul: http://picasaweb.google.com/braikoff/20130409_20130412_Istambul_Turkey
Thessaloniki: http://picasaweb.google.com/braikoff/20130413_Thessaloniki_Greece
Macedonia: http://picasaweb.google.com/braikoff/20130413_Skopje_Macedonia
Kosovo: http://picasaweb.google.com/braikoff/20130414_Prishtine_Kosovo
Montenegro: http://picasaweb.google.com/braikoff/20130415_HercegNovi_Montenegro
Croatia Dubrovnik: http://picasaweb.google.com/braikoff/20130415_20130417_Dubrovnik_Croatia
Bosnia: http://picasaweb.google.com/braikoff/20130417_20130418_Mostar_BosniaHerzegovina
Croatia Split: http://picasaweb.google.com/braikoff/20130418_20130421_Split_Croatia
Belgrade: http://picasaweb.google.com/braikoff/20130422_20130423_Belgrade_Serbia

P.S. Now, to finish my idea with the inner clouds and sunshine. Maybe I haven't grow enough spiritually to accept your clouds...or maybe its not my job to accept them. Either way, I mean no one any harm and my castle's doors are open to anybody as long as they come with good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome feedbacks, especially constructive ones...