Thursday, January 19, 2012

The sunshine after the storm

What a great couple of days I've been through. I feel like the ugly duck transformed itself into a gorgeous swan.  After the last blog I went to the beach in India where the Typhoon had stepped 2 weeks before and met a couple of really cool guys studying there. But after one day of fun, India put a knife at my throat and tried to kill me. I almost lost a finger, I got really sick with almost 39 Celsius of fever, where I couldn't get out of my bed for almost 24 hours. I kept thinking that destiny kicked me in the groin and left me for dead, but it was just so I could wake up in paradise after a long flight.
I made a promise to myself, not step foot in India again for a long time. You can love that country as much as you want, but for me, I prefer to keep my sorrows and misery hidden deep under a carpet, in the dark corners of a closet and never look at them again. In India everything is in plain sight and I think it's what got to me. I am still glad to have met such cool people and it's the thing that got me going and the reason for those 5 long weeks.
That plane to Indonesia was a blessing, people are friendly, hardworking, streets are clean and India's misery is nowhere to be seen. No more garbage, no more decaying rooms, no more beggars, no more dead, no more pain.
I also re-met Boxu(Bobby), a cool singer, surfer and passionate Indonesian from CouchSurfing that I met 4 years ago in Bali, which is like a brother to me now. He makes great surfing clothing(DEKKE) and puts a lot of time into details and quality control. The prices are amazing and if his clothing would get to North America it would make ferocious concurrence in the clothing industry. The only thing missing is the contacts to make it happen, but one step at a time gets anybody to its goals.
We went together to his friend's Ricky, a cool guy playing the keyboard in a famous rock band in Indonesia(Five Minutes) and who also has a share in the clothing industry. I got 2 t-shirts in exchange of a photo shoot that I put up in:
http://picasaweb.google.com/106908159456560056891/20120118_201202xx_Bandung
It was great hanging out with Ricky and his friends, together with Boxu. I finally get to enjoy the insides of local life, since travelers usually hang out together in touristy places looking for parties and other same colored skin people.
It's a great chance to learn the language and have a feel of the real life from an outsider point of view. I feel blessed. Heading out to the beach today hopefully to catch some waves and reunite with my element.
Didn't meditate much lately, but will do it as often as I can.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome feedbacks, especially constructive ones...