Friday, March 24, 2017

Bet I can't get worst... Destiny: Hold my beer

Woke up this morning in a hospital bed with a needle in my arm in this country on the other side of our round shaped Earth. Itchy throat and numb hearing from the right ear.


But first, how did I get here? I feel like Wolverine from X-Men in the latest movie called Logan, where Wolverine is old and tired from its numerous adventures. Maybe with my new body age, the self-image should update itself but didn't. Who really feels over 25 in their head?


I have to give it up to my body, been traveling non-stop in wild places for the last 3 months and it's put up with my craziness. Food street, lack of sleep, a bit of party and other excesses. Also, the red "check" light on my inner dashboard has been blinking for a while, especially since dusty and cold Nepal, from where everything seemed to have gone downhill for the last month. 

  • New Zealand was a clean and sweet break, although tiring but rewarding.
  • Indonesia wasn't a resting place either and about one week ago I could feel my ear clogging and had to see the first doctor. 2 surfing days later(I had to surf, my last chance and there were glorious waves), it got worst and 4 days after antibiotics I only had a running nose and pink eye. 
  • Once in Thailand and with the Similan Islands diving in mind, went to another doctor who increased the antibiotics. 
  • Next day, I had the most intense fever and head pain of my life and had to stay in bed for the whole day. 
  • Fortunately, the day after I felt a bit better and went exploring Phuket on two wheels. I must have driven 7 hours and crashed a scooter for the 2nd time in Thailand, which is amazing since my balance is a bit off with the ear infection. Repaired the scooter broken mirror and cleaned the dirt off my scratches and kept riding. Later at night the doctor from 2 days before told me to check in the hospital because he doesn't know what else to give me.
  • 45-minute ride to the hospital just to get an appointment for the next day.
  • Yesterday, I finally came and after some more advanced checks, the doctor said I had to be admitted for 3 days because of an acute sinus infection. Called my insurance and now I'm staying in an 800$ per night room that looks better than most recent hotels with a sunset view, great food, with caring cute nurses and a bed that has 10 buttons (my inner geek is in love, it's like driving a low rider).
So here I am in a hospital room with some new friends coming to visit but mostly resting and chilling, which is something that restless souls have trouble with.





Can't wait to go dive in the Similans and seeing Ko Tao again


One last image for all the extreme vegans out there(just because it made me burst out laughing while waiting for the doc yesterday:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome feedbacks, especially constructive ones...