Friday, January 17, 2014

Warming motors, ready for takeoff, but first FAQ

Once again, stuff is almost packed and adventure knocks impatiently on the hard wooded comfort door. She’s the mistress of my own unconscious and fuel for scary new possibilities. Adventure and thirst for the unknown are tattooed deep at the core of my soul.

To some, this lifestyle is playing Russian Roulette, to other it feels like Sindbad’s but most of us are struggling with current worries, fighting for a breath of authenticity while numbing the senses with new unknown marketed needs. This is my way of resurfacing reality and getting in touch with our mother earth, spirits, angels, gods, aliens or whatever name it feels comfortable within your view of reality.
1.     Since, some of you have asked, the authentic reason for all these exploring takeoffs is simply … that I’m bored out of my mind with my becoming self. I want to live, feel and live the life that I dared to imagine as a kid.

2.     Since, others have asked, here’s the main map for the next months:
Leaving for Trinidad and Tobago on the 2nd of February where I’ll surf a couch. Taking a ferry 2 days later to Guiria (Venezuela) and a bus to Carupano.
That’s where fog sets in and through the clouds I can see the tallest falls of the world where Angels fall 1km into the wild Venezuelan jungle. 

There might be enough temptation to grow my own wings and bungee into the wildness. Next stop should be Boa Vista, followed by Guyana, Suriname (if the paperwork allows it), French Guyana, Paraguay, Joaricoacoara, Recife and maybe crossing the Amazon on boats all the way to Iquitos (Peru) for another session of Ayahuaska soul gazing.

3.     Another previous asked question concerns more realistic goals and since speaking more languages seems to be a "owned at birth" gift, here's the answer in "civilized" wording:
The main goals of this trip are to shred the numbing comfort zone, change, grow and explore this life. Planning on learning a new language (Portuguese), finding new ways, possibly developing a business, integrate a community (and giving back by teaching, helping around).

Everything else is about partying, surfing and chilling in cool spots.

4.     One last recurrent question concerns fear of abandoning the "tribe" or safety of the known. How do you finance your travels?
To which, there's no answer that will put enough weight in the balance to take action now. As most life coaches and other life philosophers might repeat, "if you're trying something, you're not doing it" because "show me someone who tries X and I'll show you someone who doesn't X"
I’ve seen people travelling for over 40 years. I’ve seen underage students travel for months. I’ve seen older men, older women and couples enjoying the joys of the unknown, building new possibilities together. I’ve seen crippled, mentally challenged and even one blind man exploring the world. There are full communities of people doing seasonal work, building bonds and living. Everything is possible, but there will always be good blocking reasons and in the end it doesn’t really matter (does it?). We will justify our choices until we die and thank you for giving me the opportunity to do the same here.
Just to satisfy curiosities, the answer to the question is that I try to keep my budget under 2000CAD per month, including planes, boats, rent, food and of course parties.
The greatest part of these trips is that I can actually discover things that I haven’t even imagined possible. You’re welcome to join me and I’m always looking for constructive (when possible) feedback and help in any ways.
Wish me luck and in exchange I wish you happiness and fulfilment with your own life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome feedbacks, especially constructive ones...